Advertisement

Any Red Head Lefties?

topic posted Thu, June 29, 2006 - 12:09 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
I am a red head and a leftie, I reckon I must be pretty rare huh? Theres about 11% of the world is leftie and someone furthur down said 1 in 40 in the world are red heads! Any more of us about?
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: Any Red Head Lefties?

Sat, August 5, 2006 - 7:27 AM
    I am...the only of the three kids that were redheads and lefty. (Meaning, my sibs are neither redhead nor lefties.)

Both of my parents are lefties, and my dad is a redhead...

Tue, October 3, 2006 - 1:28 PM
    YES! It was a google search looking for others that lead me to this board. Does anyone know the quote from the Thorn Birds (Colleen McCullough)? This is a bad paraphrase -- I'd love it if someone found the correct quote:

Nun talking about Meggie (left hadnded red head)

Right handed children are the children of God. Left handed children, especially when red-headed, are Satan's spawn.

Tue, October 24, 2006 - 9:14 PM
      Yes!
      Execpt I write equally as well with both hands...do I get bonus points? :P
      I dont know how I can lol, its just something I ve been able to do since I can remeber. At school I am always changing hands lol, its kinda weird.

Mon, October 30, 2006 - 2:00 PM
        I write left handed...but do pretty much everything else right handed..guitar...shoot hoops..cut ...sew...all kinda stuff.........Love the Left handed redhead satans spawn thing...so Im gonna post my halloween pic....tee hee hee maybe there is something to this........

Tue, December 5, 2006 - 8:01 AM
    Hey- can anyone actually find the statistic on this- like 4% of the world are mad-up of red-headed lefties.

Fri, March 18, 2011 - 6:47 PM
      Two percent of the world's population are red haired, That is .02, or two in 100. Eight percent of the world's population are left handed, that is .08, or 8 in 100. So .02 times .08 is ,0016. That means, among one thousand folks one would expect to 16 red haired, left handed people. Red heads disproportionately exhibit the recessive traits of blue and green eyes. This of course, is because most red heads are Caucasians as are most people with blue and green eyes. My eyes are blue to someone who is close to me or green to someone standing further away, with the left one appearing greener than the right one. Let's say I am in 4 percent of the people who have blue eyes, rather than the 2 percent with green eyes. So that would be .0016 times ,04 or 0.000064, That is one would expect there to be 64 red haired, blue eyed, left handers among every 100,000 people. One might guess that half of them are female or .0000032. Now to make sure I feel like a freak, I am over 6 foot tall like one percent of all women. So we add another two zeros or .0000000032. In one million people one would expect to find just 32 red headed, blue eyed, left handed women who over six foot tall. Well I am not one in a million, but I am close.

Cheers, KatieAnne

Sat, January 20, 2007 - 9:07 AM
    My brother and I are both lefthanded and redheads... and so is one of my aunts. Neither of my parents are lefties although my mother is a redhead. I have two daughters. Neither of them have red hair or are lefties.... I too would love to know the actual stats of being both. I think we are a rare breed for sure!!! And I think the devils span quote is a riot!!!

Sat, January 20, 2007 - 3:53 PM

My mother and father both, and a few other members of my family. My wife has red lefties in her family too.

Sat, January 27, 2007 - 4:49 PM
      Not entirely
      ambi red.

left hand for fine work; right hand for heavy work. I can usually write with both hands.

Wed, November 14, 2007 - 10:37 AM
        I'm one and have ambi adaptations, like eating and scissor use. I did my 8th grade science fair project on the question, 'Are left handed people more ambidexterous than right handers?' The result? Of course they are, they have to adapt to society.
  • Unsu...

Re: Any Red Head Lefties?

Wed, November 14, 2007 - 3:14 PM
    I was born redheaded and ambidexterous. Because I could use my right hand readily they literally beat the using of my left hand out of me in 1960s public schools.

Thu, February 11, 2010 - 2:42 AM
    I'm red headed, left handed, I'm really gifted when it comes to making music or movies, but I find it so hard to concentrate on anything except television,my mind is always racing-- it's crazy. I feel like I'm bipolar, One day I'm depressed as hell and I feel the weight of the whole world on my shoulders, the next I'm happy as hell-- I'm sick of this shit.